What is Energy Healing?
If you were to see an energy healing in process, it might look like someone slowly moving their hands through the air a few inches to a few feet away from your body. The healer might pause now and then over certain areas, or perhaps sometimes make small gestures with their hands. What are they doing?
Energy healing, also called energy work, energy medicine, spiritual healing, and laying on of hands–recognizes and works with the beautiful reality of the more subtle aspects of our nature—our energy. This energy has been called by many names, including aura, electro-magnetic field, energy field, subtle energy, vital energy, life force, chi, qi, ki, and prana.
We are pulsing with this life force. It animates us and is the foundation and template for our physical being. Though universal in nature, it takes a unique and beautiful form in each one of us.
What is Energy Healing Therapy?
Energy healing therapy is a powerful approach to wellness that can revolutionize any life. Behind the scenes of our beautiful world, an unfathomably complex network of energy fuels and connects everyone and everything. By learning to understand and apply this energy as medicine, we can powerfully steer our lives in better and better directions, healing what ails us and encouraging our vast personal potential for health, happiness, and meaning.
What kinds of conditions can be treated with Energy Healing Therapy?
Physical: Your body is the ultimate superhighway of energy currents. From ancient Chinese, Aztec, and Native American cultures right up to the latest cutting edge university physics programs, scholars throughout history have understood the invisible flow which courses through the body and has a profound impact upon its systems. You can put this knowledge to use through energy healing therapy to:
- Treat serious ailments like cancers and chronic conditions.
- Repair old muscular or skeletal injuries.
- Restore balance to the basic systems of the body like digestion and circulation.
- Promote overall wellness and immunity.
Mental: Your mind is literally a processor of energy. Tiny electrical impulses transmit information across neurons and form the basis for thoughts. By addressing beliefs and mental patterns from an energetic perspective, you can liberate yourself from resistance and live each day with clarity and purpose. That is the essence of energy healing therapy.
- Release internal roadblocks and believe you can achieve any goal.
- Develop a “success” mentality that steers you to abundance.
- Let go of old feelings of guilt and regret that hold you back.
- Conquer fears and build confidence from the inside out.
Emotional: Your emotions are not random, nor merely reactive to your environment. They are also guided by the flow of energy through your body, specifically the energy centres known as chakras. Clearing these pathways will lead to happy, productive days and a warm, open heart.
- Ease the pain of depression and find the joy in everyday life.
- Release anxiety and replace it with calm and confidence.
- Soothe anger at its root and lean towards compassion and understanding.
- Relieve long-held sadness with a wise and gentle view of life.
Spiritual: As you harness the power of energy medicine to feel stronger, clearer, and more joyful, you will continue to embark upon your ever-deepening spiritual journey, opening the door to new plateaus of understanding the nature of the cosmos and the unseen world.
- Give life a deep and unshakable sense of purpose and meaning.
- Encourage your natural intuition and let it always guide you in good directions.
- Gain new insight into life’s most profound questions.
- Harness your unseen connections to all of the people in your life.
Types of Energy Healing Therapies:
Acupuncture and Acupressure are part of an ancient and sophisticated system of therapies based on a non-Western model of the body. They work to balance chi (life force energy) as it flows through the body’s meridian system. Read More >>
Bio-energy Healing (Domancic Method) This method of bio-energy healing offers a simple and structured approach. Focusing on empowering the immune system, it aims to jump-start a person’s own healing mechanisms, and affirms that it can help any condition.
Chakra Healing is a general term for energy healing that works with the chakra system. The chakras are a key part of our energy system, so many types of energy healing incorporate some form of chakra work. Read More >>
Chios Energy Healing is a relatively new yet very comprehensive energy healing system which employs powerful and effective aura and chakra healing techniques, nearly all of which are unique to Chios. Read More >>
Distant Energy Healing The most common modality of distance healing is to send energies to the person that we want to help. Nonetheless, distance healing can be based on other non-physical mechanisms, for example, you could get out of the body and meet those you would like to help while they are in the same state and talk to them. Read More >>
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Called a psychological acupressure technique, Emotional Freedom Technique, often shortened to “EFT”, is a meridian-based form of energy healing. It combines needle-free meridian therapy (e.g. acupressure) with mind-body medicine. Read More >>
Polarity Therapy is based upon the energetic principles of attraction, repulsion and neutrality. Like many types of energy work, Polarity Therapy seeks to find blockages, release energy to normal flow patterns and maintain the bio-energetic field in an open, flexible state. PT can involve diet, exercise and self-awareness as well as energy-based bodywork that works with three main currents of energy. Read More >>
Pranic Healing Developed and taught by Master Choa Kok Sui, this kind of energy work uses prana or life energy to cure physical ailments. Its basic principle seem to be cleansing the body of “dirty” energy and replacing it with prana. Read More >>
Qigong is an ancient Chinese health care system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intention. Read More >>
Reiki is perhaps the most widely known form of energy work, Reiki is easy to learn and do, but can have powerful effects. Read More >>
Shamanic Healing Shamanic healers conduct energy from the spiritual realm, calling upon spiritual helpers such as power animals or other spiritual forces. Shamanic work is used to treat a range of emotional and physical illnesses. Read More >>
ThetaHealing This technique is described as focusing on thought and prayer, relying on God/Source to do the actual healing. The practitioner goes into a theta brain wave state (deep meditative), asks for assistance from God (or Source) and then witnesses the healing. ThetaHealing holds that instantaneous physical and emotional shifts are possible.
- Quantum Touch has a special focus on using the practitioner’s breath to intensify the treatment. Practitioners cultivate their own energy and entrain the client’s energy to this higher (healthier) level. Read More >>
- Restorative Touch is a unique and powerful form of energy work that works on a resonance model to “support health, healing, and spiritual evolution.” Practitioners are highly trained and held to high standards via strict certification and licensing processes. Read More >>